5 - 7 Dec 2019
We anticipate that about 250 delegates will attend ESSIC Congress in Amsterdam
Amsterdam is one of the greatest small cities in the world. The city, capital of the Netherlands, has a rich architectural history, dominated by water, it is a meeting point for all different cultures around the world and has a welcoming attitude towards visitors. The City Centre district ('Centrum') is home to the world-famous historic Canal Ringa and to renowned museums and charming and high-end shopping areas.
How to get there
AMSTERDAM SHIPHOL AIRPORT has great transport links to Amsterdam and the rest of the Netherlands.
- Take the train from the airport. Schiphol Station is located directly below the airport. It only takes a couple of minutes to walk from Arrivals to Schiphol Plaza, where you can take the stairs, escalator or lift down to the platforms. The direct trains to the Amsterdam train station run every 10 to 15 minutes between 6:00AM and 12:30AM and the trip takes about 15 to 20 minutes. These trains leave from platforms 1, 2 or 3, which are all one floor below the airport terminal.
- Catch the bus. The Schiphol bus stops are located right outside Schiphol Plaza. The Amsterdam Airport Express provides a quick and easy transfer from Amsterdam Schiphol Airport to the city centre of Amsterdam. Departing every 7,5 minutes from bus platforms B15-19, this bus takes you directly to Museumplein, Rijksmuseum or Leidseplein. From there on you can get to many hotels in Amsterdam very easily.
Price: €6,50 (single), €11,25 (return)
- Take a taxi. Just follow the signs above and on the floor toward the terminal to reach the official taxi stands in front of Schiphol Plaza. From there, you can catch a metered taxi. The drivers accept credit cards, cannot refuse carriage and will issue a printed receipt.
Taxi rates from Schiphol Airport (on average)
- Amsterdam Central Station: 45€
- Amsterdam City Centre: 47€
AMSTERDAM CENTRAL STATION is located in the heart of the city, easy walking distance from most of the city's sights and hotels.
You can recognize licensed taxis by their roof lights displaying the name of their operator and their blue number plates. The taxi meter must be turned on and you will receive a receipt upon completion of the journey.
Taxicentrale Amsterdam (TCA) (with online booking service) – +020.777.7777
Staxi (with online booking service) – +020.705.8888
Taxistad (with online booking service) – +020.208.0000
Feel free to contact the Organising Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information about the hotel accommodation.